Tuesday, October 28

The Election of Schadenfreude

Does it make me a bad person to gleefully watch the Republican party viciously disembowel itself in a colossal act of self-mutilation?

Between the abysmally-bad drama playing out between Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin, Sen. "Tubez" Stevens's new "all Prison Blues" wardrobe, and Rep. Michelle Bachmann's "American vs. Anti-American" diatribes from Planet Bizarro, I just can't help but relish the Republican party's agony. It couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch of rats. I can't even summon up any empathy for them. After all, they are human beings. Aren't they?

I hereby dub the 2008 election "The Election of Schadenfreude".

1 comment:

  1. I knew a guy in college who wore an IRA t-shirt which said "Out of the ashes... rose the Provisionals."

    I shre your feelings, especially when I see "real Americans" looking at this trainwreck and saying "WTF?", but be careful what you wish for. Wounded animals are dangerous.

    ReplyDelete